FOOD NERD!
Talking about passion or something I am really interested in,the first thing that comes to my mind is cooking.Yes,many people may find it unconventional or boring but for me cooking is one of the very few things that excites me the most.Cooking is much more than just making the food.It's a passion,an art and a way to bring people together.Cooking is the critical point of creativity,culture and love.
![]() |
| The excitement of cooking |
There is something truly magical about cooking.When you start with some random raw ingredients and transform them into something magical,its one of the most satisfying feelings ever.And that feeling grows on and on when you see someone relishing the food you made.The thing that I love most about cooking is that it takes away all my stress and makes my dull and boring leisure time really colorful and yummy like the spices makes a curry vibrant and mouthwatering!That's why whenever I get free time I spend it by cooking for my near and dear ones.
![]() |
| The magic!! |
From my early childhood,I cook and bake.And it's a matter of surprise that the person who first taught me how to cook was none other than my father.One day when I was seven or eight years old he randomly called me and asked me,"Do you want to learn magic,my dear!"The curious kid just node her head and followed her dad towards kitchen.At first,I became grumpy on the fact that why did he take me to kitchen!He just had a mischievous smile and then he started making tea and we both discussed about how a little bit of tea granules can turn the normal clear water into a shiny red nectar.Then when he added a splash of milk into that tea broth,I was mesmerized to see that caramel brown color!That was the very day my heart had created a room for the love of cooking and creating magics in that homely laboratory aka kitchen.And since then it has been my companion in the melancholic or the cheerfullest days of my life.
![]() |
| Cooking can create memories!! |
No matter I am confused,anxious,grumpy,irritated or happy cooking is the weapon to express my untold feelings.It's a great stress reliever.When I work in the kitchen with my favorite Tagore songs playing in the background,I completely forget about the worldly dilemmas.From cutting vegetables to kneading dough or stirring a delicious and creamy pudding or shaping the round roshogollas everything can be therapeutic and calming.Even freshly baked baby buns can cheer anyone up within a jiffy with its fluffy air balls and that sweet inviting smell.Moreover the passion of cooking doesn't have to be limited to home kitchens.Many people have now turned this passion into profession.From renowned chefs or restaurant owners or food critics there are thousands of possibilities in the culinary world.Though one doesn't need to necessarily turn it into a profession,one can simply enjoy it as a hobby like I do in order to escape from this chaotic city life to get lost in my own dreamland.





Comments
Post a Comment